I had some zucchini in the fridge and didn't feel like sauteeing it, which is what I usually do. And weirdly enough, I actually love soup in the summer. I like that soup is light and fills you up without making you feel bloated. I tend to stay away from heavier foods in the summer, so I decided to make a zucchini spinach soup inspired by this recipe on 101cookbooks.
Changes I made to the recipe:
1. I didn't have any potatoes on hand, so I left them out, instead using half an avocado to achieve some creaminess. Next time I'll make sure to use at least one potato, because it wasn't as creamy as I'd have liked.
2. I used twice as many zucchini, just because I had them on hand.
3. I didn't use any cilantro.
4. I added a little cumin and some red pepper flakes, to spice it up a bit.
5. I used only 1 tablespoon olive oil instead of 3.
I haven't had this yet; will do so tonight and report back. It's super duper healthy, so you don't have to feel bad eating it. Finally, remember that eating soup fills you up without you having taken in too many calories (unless you consume a cream-based version), so it's a great choice if you're trying to get in shape.
- ► 2013 (11)
- ► 2012 (29)
- Peach Cake with Pecans
- Mascarpone Cheesecake with Almond Crust
- Martha's Mac 'n' Cheese
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Some-Kinda-Nut Burgers
- How to: Roasted Beets
- Zucchini Bread
- Broccoli and Red Pepper Salad
- How to: Roast Red Bell Peppers
- Easy Red Bell Pepper Soup
- Oatmeal Cookies 2 Ways
- Zucchini and Spinach Soup
- ▼ August (12)