Sunday, August 7, 2011

Easy Red Bell Pepper Soup

I've already spoken to my obsession with soup. It's easy. It's delicious and it gets better the longer it stays in the fridge


I ordered groceries online the other day and accidentally ordered three times as many red peppers as I meant to (I still struggle with kilos and grams here in Istanbul). I knew I needed to use them up as there was no way we could eat all of them raw, even though sliced red peppers are one of my favorite snacks



I figured a soup would be a nice way to use them all and Smitten Kitchen once again had a recipe for me. Deb never fails me! If you haven't checked out her site yet, smittenkitchen.com, you must do so asap. It's really stunning. I used this recipe and the only change I made was to use only 1 garlic clove because one of my roommates is allergic. 


This was the easiest recipe ever and turned out lovely. Really hit the spot and was filling as well. Keep in mind that you may strain this if you want your soup smoother, but that would remove all the fiber, so I would recommend leaving as is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!