|On vacation in Bodrum.|
1. I am 100 % Turkish but was born and raised in Northern California. After spending 4 years in Istanbul, Turkey after college working at Time Out Istanbul Magazine, I now live in New York. I love both places a lot and find myself constantly torn between the two.
2. I majored in Philosophy and minored in Italian at the University of Southern California. Go Trojans! After working as Editor in Chief of Time Out Istanbul Magazine for three years, I have now switched gears completely and am pursuing a degree in Clinical Nutrition.
3. Some of my interests include baking and cooking, running, anything on the Bravo Network, wine, pastries, traveling, magazines, cookbooks and nutrition! I am fascinated by the link between nutrition and disease, and hope to study this in grad school.
|My first race; a 5K.|
5. My favorite movie of all time is Woody Allen's Annie Hall. I'm also a huge scary movie freak and watch almost all the scary movies that come out at the theater. I like the communal experience. I thought Orphan and Paranormal Activity were two of the best scary movies of 2010.
6. I am a runner. I woke up one day in 2010 and decided I wanted to be a runner and have been hooked ever since. I prefer to run outside and am enjoying running races. I ran my second, a 10K, in October 2011. It's a huge passion of mine.
7. I moved to New York in 2011 and live in the coolest neighborhood. I am fulfilling a life-long dream of living in New York while young, and it's amazing.
8. I'm loving blogging a lot more than I thought I would and have found it's a really wonderful way to vent and share my thoughts.
9. I am a die-hard Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) fan and have seen every episode of her show on the Food Network. I think she is wonderful and would kind of like to be her. Some of my other heroes include Martha Stewart, Marion Nestle, Neal Barnard, my parents and sister and Rachel Zoe.
|Cooking at our house in California.|
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for stopping by!