Friday, July 22, 2011

Cocoa banana bread

After making the most delicious cocoa brownies ever, I wanted to adapt the recipe for diabetics (or more specifically, one diabetic in my life) and also make it whole wheat. Unfortunately, diabetic sugar doesn't react well to being heated sometimes and as I suspected, it turned out really gross. 



What it should look like. 








The cocoa, butter and sugar are supposed to be heated together baine-marie style, and as you can see from the photo below, for some reason the consistency just wasn't right. It's supposed to be smooth and it was chunky and weird. So I scrapped that recipe and moved onto banana bread. 




I still wanted to do something a little different and definitely chocolatey so I had the idea to add some cocoa to the banana bread batter. Lucky for me, it turned out really well and I didn't have to deal with the letdown of two failed recipes in one day. 


That's more like it. 
I adapted this recipe, and just added 1/4-1/2 cup of cocoa to the batter before baking. The final product was definitely banana bread, but with a kick. It's especially good after having sat in the fridge for a few hours or along with a cup of coffee





No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!