Thursday, November 10, 2011

Carrot Cake Oatmeal

Yesterday morning I woke up around 6am starving and fell back asleep. So by the time I woke at 9 (okay, it was actually 10), I knew I wanted something heartier than my usual green smoothie


I've read countless times how good oatmeal is for you but I prefer savory breakfasts to sweet ones; however, a recipe for Carrot Cake Oatmeal I read on 'Oh She Glows' looked good enough to make me try it. I am so glad I did because it was delicious! 
What's so cool about this oatmeal recipe is that it includes 1 cup of shredded carrots! Any breakfast recipe that allows me to have had one serving of veggies before lunch is a winner by me. I added half a banana, sliced, which upped my fruit/veggie intake to 2 for breakfast alone. This is definitely a recipe I will go back for time and again. The recipe was for 1 large batch or 2 smaller servings, so I'll also be able to enjoy this for breakfast tomorrow. 


One change I made to the recipe was to use Oat Bran instead of oats. If I'm not mistaken, oat bran are just oats that are finer and smaller than regular oats. Either way, I doubt it made a big difference; it's just what I had on hand. 


With a cup of coffee, this was the perfect, creamy breakfast. 

4 comments:

  1. looks delish! how do you make your oatmeal,with water or milk? and what do you use to sweeten it? muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey askim!
    i use almond milk and sweeten with a spoon or two of pure maple syrup! mmm:)
    optum seniiii

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is GENIUS! cannot wait to try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww great wish i could take credit for it, but its actually a recipe from 'oh she glows'.

    thanks for checking out my blog!!

    esen

    ReplyDelete

My awesome followers!