Thursday, November 24, 2011

Blue Cheese Biscuits

Happy Thanksgiving! I think you'd be hard-pressed to find an American that doesn't love Thanksgiving. After all, it's a holiday dedicated to eating, and not much else. 

This year we have a full house here in California, as my cousin and her husband, as well as her husband's parents are here staying with us. Including my parents, that makes seven of us. 

You can substitute any kind of cheese you like. 

My family loves breakfast/brunch and I promised my mom I'd make a nice brunch for everyone while in town. I was awoken this morning to my mother saying, 'Your crowd is waiting'. She meant that everyone was waiting for me to get into the kitchen and start baking!

It might seem weird to make a large brunch on Thanksgiving, being that tonight we will have quite the feast, but we won't be eating again till tonight, so it made sense to start the day off with a nice, filling breakfast. My cousin and mother are cleaning out the garage, my dad and uncle are playing backgammon and I'm getting ready for a brisk fall run, after this blog post. The perfect Thanksgiving day. 

Mix until just combined. 
I had been wanting to try these blue cheese biscuits by Deb from Smitten Kitchen for a while now. I love biscuits. If done correctly, they are moist and not dry, and buttery thanks to buttermilk and butter. Along with some eggs, perfection. I also made eggs with mushrooms, spinach and Parmesan, using this recipe. The one difference is that I didn't bake the eggs and just made them on the stovetop instead. It was my first time making breakfast for 7 people and with the help of my expert chef father, I'd say we did quite well. 

These biscuits were amazing. The blue cheese is delicious and has just the right amount of punch. The eggs were cooked perfectly. One tip for the biscuits: serve them immediately! They are best when fresh out of the oven, as the blue cheese is melty and gooey


If you recreate this breakfast for your family, I promise they won't stop talking about it! If you are intimidated to try biscuits, don't be. They are super duper easy to make and quick as well. You can even make the dough and leave them in the fridge till you are ready to use them. 


For Thanksgiving this year I made a vegetarian stuffing. I really like stuffing but usually can never enjoy it as it has sausage in it, so since we are celebrating at a friend's house this year, I made sure to make something that I would enjoy, just in case there aren't many veggie options. I'll have that recipe for you tomorrow or the next day. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!