Saturday, November 12, 2011

Run Extending Playlist

I've been trying to take advantage of this gorgeous New York weather (Nor Cal, eat your heart out!) before it gets super cold and I'm forced to take my workouts indoors. 


A few days ago I went on an amazing run. One of those runs where before you know it, it's been almost an hour, and you feel like you could keep running forever. I headed out, without a specific route in mind, and just discovered my neighborhood a little bit more. 


One of the best things about running outdoors that I often forget about is the fact that because you have to stop at red lights (if you are running in the city), you end up doing intervals instead of a straight run. I've already read about how much better interval-training is, compared to running nonstop, because the act of starting and stopping pushes the body a lot harder. It also feels easier, getting to stop every so often. 


And the most crucial part of any run is the playlist. If I have a bad playlist and no new music, my run will almost without fail be shortened. The other day I put together this playlist, with some tracks taken from Angela from 'Oh She Glows'. I have some songs from the Glee Soundtrack on here. I don't even watch the show regularly, but I've found some of the cover songs to be really fun and motivating to run to. 


So here it is, my Run-Extending Playlist
Here's a photo of supermodels running to inspire you. 


Moves Like Jagger- Maroon 5
We Found Love- Rihanna
Don't Stop Believin' - Glee Cast
Hurts Like Heaven- Coldplay
Mr. Saxobeat- Alexandra Stan
On the Floor- Jennifer Lopez
Misery- Glee Cast
Black and Yellow - Wiz Khalifa
Nightcall- Kavinsky
Good Feeling- Flo Rida
Memories- David Guetta
Paradise- Coldplay


The playlist is about 45 minutes long, which is perfect for a long, leisurely run outdoors. 


Also, I'd like to mention that I run when hungover, and it really helps. Last night I had a few glasses of wine and am not feeling particularly perky but I know a run will straighten me out. People tend to have mixed feelings about this so I encourage you to try it. You might find that it gets rid of your hangover much better than that bloody mary and eggs ever could. 


*Edited to add that my run really did annihilate my hangover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!