Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Product review: Blessing's alive & radiant Foods Kale in a Krunch

Photo credit: naomicatalina.com 

Last time my sister was in the States, she picked up a pack of these kale chips, and boy am I glad she did! They are deeelish! The ones I'm currently feasting on are 'cheeziyes' flavor apparently and consist of cashew, kale, red bell pepper, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and himalayan crystal salts.

For those who haven't been blessed with the chance to try kale chips yet, they are baked or dehydrated chopped up pieces of kale, sprinkled with all sorts of goodness. And because kale is naturally high in many vitamins including A and C, you're getting a lot more good-for-you-ness than you would from a bag of chips. 

I know some of your are going to be skeptical ('kale chips have nothing on my Doritos!'), but seriously trust me when I say that they are so cheesy and good! They are crunchy, and taste like they have cheddar cheese on them, when they are actually dairy-free. 

Price: $7.00/ 3 oz. 

They are actually really easy to make at home as well. I bought a bunch of kale (there are different kinds and curly works the best as far as I know), ripped it up (make sure to remove the tough veins), sprinkled it with olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes and popped it into the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. They turned out divine. 

I highly recommend picking up a pack next time you're out shopping or to try making them at home. You won't regret it. 

2 comments:

  1. i randomly tried these the other day - you're right, delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Hayal! You're the first:)

    ReplyDelete

My awesome followers!