Saturday, November 10, 2012

Tracy Anderson Dance Cardio Workout

Haven't been around here much lately. Not because I haven't been cooking, I have, but I've mostly been making very simple dishes, nothing special. Nothing really worth sharing. Quick and easy things I can whip up in 20 minutes or less, in between classes. I've have a number of house guests which has been so amazing, but it also meant I ate out more than I would have wanted. 

If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen some of the dishes I've been making recently. I made a delicious and beautiful (colorful!) Mexican layered salad yesterday for a potluck at a friend's house. I'll share that easy recipe soon but for now I have something else I just had to share with you. 

Tracy Anderson. 

Have you heard of her? She's trainer to a few super-fit celebrities including Madonna, Gwyneth Paltrow and my personal favorite, Nicole Richie. My sister has been a fan of hers for years and I used to make fun of her doing her routines, but now I am a total convert. Sis, if you're reading this, you are always years ahead of me with trends. I readily admit it now! 

Anyway, so Tracy Anderson created her own 'method' as she likes to call it for getting in shape. Her whole shtick is that if you want to get in shape, without bulking up, and really streamline your body, you need to work your 'accessory muscles', which are all the little muscles around the bigger ones. I don't exactly know how it works, but Tracy and all of her clients look amazing, so that's enough reason for me. 


Plus, I used to dance and I miss it a lot   recently. I swear half the reason I even enjoy  going out at night is to dance, so to find a workout that lets me do that is really great. 



I've been doing her dance cardio routines for a few days now and you really work up a sweat- but it's fun! It doesn't feel like you're working out at all, but you know you are because the next day you are sore. My workouts pre-Tracy consisted of (boring!) runs a few times a week, so this is definitely something new and exciting. I actually look forward to it. 


You can buy her videos on Amazon or search for her 10-minute cardio dance workouts on YouTube. My best friend also swears by her 'butt and thighs' workout, which I haven't tried yet. 

Anyway, if you're looking for a new fun workout, I highly recommend Tracy Anderson. I'm gonna keep at it for a month, so next time you see me on the dance floor with my awesome moves, you'll know it's all Tracy, ha! 

2 comments:

  1. i feel like the best part of being a celeb would be having access to such amazing trainers...lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete

My awesome followers!