Friday, January 13, 2012

Sugar-Free Low-fat Mini Cheesecakes

A lot of you have been waiting for this recipe for a while and I'm sorry for the delay. Time seems to get away from me easily these days. 


The almonds add a nice touch to the crust. 
This recipe was inspired by one I found on the Weight Watchers website, but I tinkered with it to make it even lower in fat and sugar free. Luckily this is one of those recipes that is just as great with Splenda. What's nice about these is that I believe they are the perfect serving. Enjoying one of these after dinner won't throw you off your healthy eating plan by any means. And even if you eat two, you've only consumed around 200 calories (one is around 110 calories) of dessert, which is much less than any other cheesecake you'll find on the market. 


I actually believe I can make these even lower in fat, and I've been meaning to get around to trying again, but haven't had the chance. Maybe in the next few weeks I'll be able to, but until then, if you have a craving for a delicious, healthier cheesecake, I highly recommend this recipe. 


Sugar-free Lowfat mini Cheesecakes
4 tbsp butter, melted (3 might be enough)
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs or, if in Istanbul, 1 packet 'sekersiz mavi yesil
1/4 cup crushed almonds
100 g or 7/8* cup full-fat cream cheese
200 g or ~1 cup  low-fat cream cheese
3 tbsp lemon juice
1.5 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup splenda
2 large egg whites


Directions: Heat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C. 


Mix melted butter with crushed graham cracker crumbs and almonds in a small bowl. Distribute this mixture among a cupcake pan either greased or lined with paper cupcake liners. You should get about 12. Refrigerate until ready to use. 



In another larger bowl combine cream cheeses (both kinds) until fluffy. I used a handheld mixer here, which works better than by hand. If you do by hand, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature or it'll be tough to mix. Next, add lemon juice, egg whites and vanilla to the mixture and beat a little more. Pour cream cheese mixture over crushed cookie mixture. 


Bake for 15 minutes. 


Note: with cheesecake it's hard to tell when it's 'done' so just go by the time provided. If the tops begin to brown you left it in too long or your oven doesn't heat accurately (which can happen over time! An oven thermometer can help you gauge this). 


*I happened to use grams as a measurement for this recipe while making so if you have a kitchen scale, go with that, as I'm not 100% sure the cup measurements are spot on. 


I enjoyed mine with a side of sour cherries, which were delicious and cut the creaminess a bit. Bananas work well also. 


For any Weight Watchers people out there, one of these is 4 points. 

2 comments:

  1. i was dying for something sweet the whole day. i'll am going to the kitchen right now to try these -damla

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! damlacim i hope you like them! let me know what you think or if you have some notes:)

    i am currently waiting for my mini blueberry muffins to cool!

    optum seni

    esen

    ReplyDelete

My awesome followers!