Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tofu Scramble

My apologies for being away for a while. It's taken me some time to get adjusted here in New York and setting up my new place has taken much more time and effort than I thought it would. 


I also haven't been cooking as often as I'd like, and even when I do it's usually something really simple and quick. Both because it feels funny to cook elaborate meals for 1 and also because I haven't had the time to make anything that takes longer than 30 minutes. 


One recipe I have been relying on heavily is my tofu scramble. I prefer to start my mornings with something savory. I've found that when I eat something sweet like pancakes or french toast, I'm hungry an hour or two later. That's not the case with this tofu scramble, which keeps me full for hours
Also fuels me for long runs!


Why tofu? Well, while it's true that I do eat eggs, I like to mix it up with tofu. Tofu is light and really good for you (I don't eat a lot of soy in general, so I think starting my mornings with tofu is okay), as long as you don't eat it everyday, but that's true about most everything, I think. 


The recipe is adapted from this one by Happy Herbivore. If you haven't checked out Lindsay's website you definitely should. What's nice is that most of her recipes are fat-free as well, so if you're trying to watch your weight, you'll find tons of delicious recipes that won't pack on the pounds. 


Changes to the recipe:
1. I didn't use mustard or nutritional yeast, though I do sometimes. 
2. I added frozen spinach and topped it off with some salsa. 


This is a really great and simple way to start your morning, and if you're skeptical about tofu in the morning, I say don't knock it till you try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!