Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blueberry Crumb Bars (sugar-free)

The other day my rockstar friend Can Bonomo had a concert at Galatasaray Highschool so I decided to make something for the gang to munch on backstage. 
Layering the blueberries.


I wanted something easy to handle like cookies, but needed to make it sugar-free, and since sugar-free chocolate doesn't behave well when baked, I decided on a fruit dessert. 


Hence, these blueberry crumb bars. Again, the recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. I have been baking almost exclusively from this website recently and I have a sneaking suspicion it's because the photos are stunning. Every time I visit the website I find something I must make immediately




As always, I made a few changes to the recipe
1. Instead of 1 cup sugar, I used 1/2 cup sugar replacement. 
2. I used 1/2 cup butter instead of 1 cup. 
3. I also used potato starch instead of cornstarch, as the former is found more easily here in Istanbul. 


The finished product. 
They turned out well. My sister said the butter taste was a little too strong, but that might be because I reduced the amount of sugar. I thought they were delicious as did the band. One thing to keep in mind though, is that they were not easy to handle, at all! The blueberries stain your hands, so keep that in mind if you plan on making them. 


Other than that, it was a super easy recipe to make and they looked cute too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!