Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cooking challenge

I can't believe it's been as long as it has since I last posted. 


Sometimes you go through big changes in life, and they shake you, and you find it hard to get back on track. Without sharing too much personal information, I went through one of these big core-shaking events recently, and it's one of the reasons I haven't been around here lately. 


I missed blogging though, and now I'm back. 


Along with not blogging, I wasn't cooking. Cooking is an odd thing. Most people are too lazy to do it for themselves. Or feel like it's too indulgent or time-consuming a process for one person. But will go out of their way for company. But why shouldn't we pay as much attention to ourselves as we do others? I think that is most people's big struggle in life. Especially women. We always put the other people in our lives first. 


I haven't been taking care of myself that well recently. I have been hitting the gym almost daily, which I'm really proud of. But when it comes to the eating department, I've opted for quick and easy. It just seemed trivial compared to other more important things in my life. 


I miss cooking though and believe I can feel the toll that the crap I've been putting in my body has taken on me. I haven't been eating terribly, but as I've stated before, I don't think take-out is the best option usually. At least not on a daily basis!
Glazed tempeh with broccolini. 




Without further ado, I have decided to challenge myself to cook 6 times in the next 7 days. I will either cook once every day, until next Saturday (with one day off, just in case), or I can choose to cook twice in one day, or whatever. The point is that I need to get back in the kitchen. It's what I love. It keeps me balanced and happy and makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself, even if it's all I manage to accomplish that day




I will blog about it daily hopefully, so stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My awesome followers!